Since 1998 the Democracy Center has provided reporting from Bolivia, in the heart of the Andes, as an opportunity to help educate people globally about the realities of life in a developing country. Some of the material included here is about the impact of economic globalization (including the Center’s landmark reporting on the Bolivian Water Revolt). Some of it is more about opening a personal window into the everyday life of an amazing country, through photographs and stories.
- Dignity and Defiance: Stories from Bolivia’s Challenge to Globalization – The Democracy Center’s 2009 book on the various ways globalization has come to Bolivia: The Water Revolt; an Oil Spill in Bolivia’s Highlands; Gas, Oil, and Nationalization; the Deadly Consequences of IMF Economics; Debt Explosion and the Strings Attached; Coca and the ‘War against Drugs’; Women and Globalization; and Bolivian Emigration. (VERSIÓN EN ESPAÑOL)
- Investigations: reporting and publications from the Democracy Center on Bolivia and the impacts of globalization
- The Bechtel Case: the Center’s in-depth research and advocacy that followed the Water Revolt (VERSIÓN EN ESPAÑOL)
- Check the Media Center: for our reporting from Bolivia
- Blog from Bolivia: over 600 posts of news, commentary and analysis from 2000-2010
- Photos from Bolivia
- Links to Bolivian groups and organizations